Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy 90th GrandMamma!

Last weekend I traveled back to my boyhood home of Madison Florida. It was a quick trip; on Friday I flew from San Diego to Jacksonville and then rented a car and drove into Madison. Early on Sunday morning I reversed the process.

Why the pilgrimage? Grandmamma Eckert’s 90th birthday party of course! A chance to join in the celebration of the life of an amazing lady, not to mention a chance to see my brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles and all the rest of the family and friends who attended the gala event. GrandMamma is shown here, flanked by her two kids (Buddy and B.J.).

An industrious decorating crew (B.J. Martye, Nate, Mike & Gwindy) turned the fellowship hall of our small community church into party central. Given that Grandmamma shares her birthday with Pattie’s day, you can imagine the theme! All very green.

It was certainly great to see the whole crew. As you can see in the photo my brothers and sisters were all there. Maybe we will all end up in the same place again without having to wait for Grandmamma’s 100th birthday.

No comments: