Wednesday, August 23, 2006

All About Bon...

My job takes me all over the world and I am lucky enough to have a wife that is willing to tag along with me. Over the last several years Bonnie and I have lived and worked in Seattle, Ireland, Guatemala, Chile, Brazil (Sao Paulo, Rio & Recife), Australia, Denmark, England, Mexico, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Atlanta (I am sure I forgot one or two others).

People ask me what Bonnie does while I am at work in all these places; I can tell you, a lot!

First and foremost she makes sure that we lead a good life; she gets us integrated into the local culture, food shopping entertainment etc. She also acts as host for clients and friends from whatever job I am on; we have parties, dinners and poker games. There are several couples around the globe who met at one of our parties and eventually got married!

In addition Bonnie is a certified ESL instructor so she teaches English to people who have a different native tongue. Not sure how she does it, but she can teach English to a room full of people that speak 10 different languages all at the same time. Here in Seattle her classes are on Wednesdays. It is always fun to see her gathering up her “props” for the lesson of the week.

As if that were not enough, she is also working on her master’s degree via remote study from UNC Greensboro.

All in all she stays pretty busy and I am extremely glad that she still has time to put up with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed the lucky man George Lamb

Anonymous said...

she is even pretty good with a tail hooked speckled trout, but , but, mush better cooking same for dinner. Hi Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Geo...all I have to say is that you are lucky that I wasn't on that College campus 20 years ago..I would have given you a run for your money!